Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 14th-20th Grocery List and Meal Plan

I am starting my new job on Monday, after being off for the last 3 months with my new baby boy so I need some really easy meals to save us from eating out when it seems like to much work to cook and clean up (worst part in my book). But eating out is neither healthy nor good for ones pocket book. I did some browsing of some of my favorite sites for ideas and recipes and also looked at the sale ads for this week. Then I looked in my pantry and my coupons and this was what I came up with. Check back each day to see pictures and recipes of what we actually ate.
Breakfasts- baked oatmeal, cereal, pancakes, sausages,
scrambled eggs, fruit, toast
lunches- leftovers, fruit, veggies, sandwiches (I got a really good deal on ham a couple weeks ago-Land o Lakes premium ham- on sale + double .55 coupon at Kroger = $2 for a 2lb pk) with me starting work next week at a new job for that week I will need to take foods that don't need refridge or heating till I figure out how things work.
Dinners- much more planned out
Thursday- grilled chicken breasts, boxed scalloped potatoes, frozen broccoli, watermelon
Friday- taco salad, fruit, home made chocolate pudding
Saturday- chicken enchiladas, refried beans, salad
Sunday- hamburgers, watermelon, home made hummus w/veggies/crackers, Italian pasta salad
Monday- Loyds Barbecue sandwiches, leftover sides
Tuesday-corn chowder, fresh baked bread, salad
Wednesday-grilled smoked sausages, baked sweet potatoes, frozen cauliflower, leftover bread (husband requested this meal)

My grocery list for this week
Kroger
Kroger Value Ground Beef Patties- $4.99 for 12
Wonder Buns- $1 each for hamburger and hot dogs- I will buy 3 pks of hamburger buns and 1 pkg of hot dog buns- $4
Skinless boneless Chicken breasts- $1.97 lb- 5 lbs = $9.85
hormel little sizzlers sausages - $1
lettuce shredds- $1- I will buy 2 pks- $2
honey suckle frozen ground turkey $1 lb- 2 pks for freezer -$2
tomatoes- .88 lb- 3 lbs or so 2.64
smoked sausage- $2.50

Walmart
Chicken bouillon cubes- $2
frozen corn- $1
lemons- $2
watermelon- $5
bananas- $2
Gatorade drinks for husband- $5
taco seasoning- $1
sliced carrots- $2
cucumbers -$2

Nonfood Items
Q-tips - $2
clothes drying rack- ????
clothes pins- ????

Total budget for this week- $70

This plan may change because I ordered some coupons from The Coupon Master and The Coupon Clippers and they should get here tomorrow...... but my coupon adventures will have to be discussed tomorrow- that reminds me I need to organize my coupons better.

No comments: